Valve has released, 6.85 a minor patch that contains many fixes and nerfs for the existing meta. Heroes like Leshrac, Gyrocopter, Queen of Pain and Techies have received significant debuffs possibly marking the end of their reign.
As was promised earlier this week, the Dota 2 community has been granted the gameplay update that doesn't contain any new heroes, but significantly changes the current meta with its various tweaks to game mechanics.
For example, items such as Heart of Tarrasque, Medallion of Courage and Solar Crest have been enhanced in the way that Heart gives you increased hp regeneration while both Medallion and SC now reduce Roshan's armor by half.
- Mines are no longer triggered when destroyed
- Mines can be destroyed by using Quelling Blade or Battlefury
- Mines now provide 10 gold per mine when destroyed(something that both Puppey and Aui_2000 have recommended)
- Land Mines mana and cooldown reduced by 50%
- Land Mines no longer have max amount
- Land Mines damage reduced by 50%
- Land Mines and Stasis Trap no longer block neutral spawns
- Land Mines no longer stack on top of each other(although they can be stacked very close)
- Lightning Storm jump distance reduced from 650 to 475
- Lightning Storm damage reduced from 80/140/200/260 to 50/100/150/200
- Base damage reduced by 4
- Rocket Barrage damage per rocket reduced from 8/13/18/23 to 7/12/17/22
- Call Down slow no longer pierces Spell Immunity
- Sonic Wave damage reduced from 290/390/490 to 290/380/470
- Aghanim's Scepter damage reduced from 325/450/575 to 325/440/555
On the side note, Ancient Creeps now got bonus 2 armor and new abilities; War Drums Aura and Dragonhide Aura, that provide additional attack speed, damage and armor, and it can certainly become handy for Lifestealer's new ability to control them, while Necrophos can no longer afk farm given the effect of Hearstopper Aura no longer working on them.
We will have to wait and see what the new patch brings in terms of drafting and gameplay strategies and how well will teams adapt to the changes.We will keep you updated on this matter!
The entire 6.85 patch notes can be found here.